Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another black eye......this is what Jeremy looked like when he came home from work yesterday. You might think that I would be concerned about what might have happened to him. Did he get beat up for voicing his opinion on how he really feels about Obama or Houston Nutt? That might have made for a more interesting story. But alas, it was another basketball injury. Black eyes in our household are very common, and they are always a result of him playing basketball. I no longer feel sorry for him. I just laugh and make fun of him for a few days, and joke about the fact that I beat him up. Katie, on the other hand, is the more sympathetic one. She cried when Jeremy walked in the door because she was so worried about what had happened to him. Unfortunately, she didn't believe his story about him getting in a fight with a bear on the way home from work.

Here's another picture of a black eye he got while playing basketball earlier this year. It's a good thing that he's really good at basketball (and I'm not just saying that because he's my husband) because otherwise it'd be pretty pathetic to walk around looking like this for a week.


5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm laughing out loud right now... not about Jeremy's black eye, but about the comment my husband just made about Jeremy's black eye - which is entirely inappropriate for me to publish on the internet for all the world to see. So, I'm sure you can imagine....

Thompson Family said...

Jeremy - you are studly!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

Michelle~I let Jeremy know today that if he feels like taking time off from playing basketball, I would offer my services in helping him acquire a black eye on a weekly basis... I wouldn't even charge a membership fee like the gym does! Let me know, I'm sure I could work it into my busy schedule.

Annie said...

Welcome to the 'dark side'. I'm excited to read yet another blog! Especially ones with stories of black eyed husbands!!!

James and Shanna said...

Glad you decided to start blogging..I am warning you.. it really can get addicting!!!You have a beautiful family (even with black eyes)!!!