Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tomorrow's The Big Day

Race day.....tomorrow....7:30 a.m. Weather right now is looking like it's going to be somewhere between 35 to 45 degrees with gusty winds. The temperature is okay.....wind gusts, not so good. I'm praying for God to calm those winds until after I'm done running the marathon. He's done it before, and I know He can do it again if He wants to.

I'm nervous, excited, and ready to get going. I've got my ipod loaded, and my running shoes ready. The only thing I have left to do is pack some snacks to have Jeremy and Katie hand off to me at various points through the race so I can keep my energy up.

I can't believe the race is tomorrow. It's finally crept up on me. I was devastated last year when I wasn't able to run the marathon after I injured my IT band. But I must say I was partly to blame for that. It started bothering me about 2 miles into a 16 mile run. Did I listen to my body and stop.....NO. Me, having that OCD personality that I do, I ran the entire 16 miles in excruciating pain which resulted in me having to make several trips to the chiropractor and my wonderful sports massage therapist. And I couldn't run for about 6 weeks....not good. So, I was a lot more careful training this time around. I have suffered through major chafing of various areas of my body, losing a toenail to runner's toe, sore feet and back pain at times but other than that it's been a pretty easy time of training.

We'll see if the training has paid off tomorrow. I couldn't have done it without Jeremy and Katie's support. They've cheered me on and encouraged me the whole time. My wonderful husband has given me so many foot rubs and back rubs in the last two months. Hopefully, tomorrow he'll make it to the finish line in time to see me accomplish one of my dreams. When I ran the half marathon I ran it a lot faster than expected. He didn't make it to the finish line until about 10 minutes after I'd crossed. I hope he's there this time.....I love you, sweetie.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Good luck, I'll be praying for you!