Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break

Katie's spring break was this week, and Jeremy and I took Monday off of work to spend the day with her. We headed over to Tulsa and were planning on spending the day at the zoo. But the weather didn't cooperate at all. It was so cloudy and windy that Jeremy thought I would be competely miserable being outside in the "cold". So, we headed to the aquarium instead, and I still froze to death. Four hours in a building.....freezing.....I was pretty miserable. We had a lot of fun there even though it took me a good couple of hours to thaw out once we got back in the car. Poor Jeremy and Katie were practically breaking out in a sweat I had the heater cranked up so high. Katie had fun feeding the turtles carrots.
Katie and a huge alligator garr.

Katie checking out the otters and the beavers. It stunk pretty bad, and she held her nose the entire time we were in there.

Wednesday, Jeremy left for Denver to go to some meetings. Katie and I seriously thought about going with him but didn't want to be stuck in a hotel all day long by ourselves, so we headed down to southern Arkansas to visit my grandparents for a couple of days. While we enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather, Jeremy was stuck in Denver in a huge snow storm. I'm kind of sad we didn't go with him because at least Katie could have built a snowman. Instead, she played in the flower beds and the chicken coop. Katie and I are both ready for Jeremy to come home. He should be home tomorrow, weather permitting.


She's her father's child. What more can I say.

Katie was a little nervous gathering the chicken eggs. She never took her eyes off the chickens.

Katie and great-mamaw.

No comments: