Saturday, March 7, 2009

23 Down

Yes, I know I'm crazy but I did it this morning. 23 mile run with wind gusts of 20 mph. I absolutely HATE running when there are wind gusts. There is nothing like running on one side of the road and being pushed to the other side of the road because the wind is so strong. And you are absolutely exhausted after the run. It's like you are at war with the wind the entire time you are running. It takes so much more energy out of you when you are having to fight against the wind. I HATE it!!!!! But at least the wind was warm this morning. I have run in 20 degree weather with wind of gusts of 20 mph---not fun!!!!

I have three more weekends after this weekend before race weekend. I just pray my knees and my hips hold up until I've run this marathon. I'm so close to accomplishing this goal of my mine that I don't want anything to stand in my way of running the race.

Hogeye here I come!!!!