Sunday, February 1, 2009

What else can go wrong......

We still don't have power. We're going on 5 days with no power and I'm about to have a major meltdown. I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed. I want to be able to cook dinner in my own home and just be able to live my normal life. So, today after church I decided to go on a long run in order to let off a little steam. About 3 miles into my 15 mile run I was attacked by a very large dog. I saw this dog come charging at me out of the corner of my eye and he nearly knocked me over. He ended up scratching my legs a little bit and he bit my arm.....I started squealing like a girl. I didn't know what else to do. I thought what else can go wrong Lord????? How much more are you going to throw at me????? Thankfully the owners of the dog were outside cleaning up their yard and were able to get the dog off of me. A poor lady who was driving by stopped her car and rolled down her window to make sure I was okay. I can only imagine the story she had to tell when she got home. But I kept on running despite being attacked. I think that's what God wants us to do when we are facing tough times in life. Keep on going and trust in Him to help us make it through. I needed His help to complete my run because I felt like quitting after I got bit. But I didn't stop, and He helped me make it through.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Bless your heart Michelle! Ya'll have had a tough time this week! I can't even imagine 5 days without power-I too would be close to having a breakdown. In fact, I think anyone in your shoes would be!

Praying for you and the family.