Sunday, February 15, 2009

Longest Run to Date

I started my Valentine's Day morning off with my longest run ever. 20 miles......in 30 degree weather.....am I insane or what? It was cold but I've run in colder conditions and I've run with wind gusts of 20-30 miles per hour so the 30 degree temperature didn't bother me to bad. It was a great run, truly exhilirating. Yes, I am a bit demented but I love to run. It's my time with God when no one is around to interrupt me. It's my time to think and clear my head. Jeremy does think I'm a little strange since I enjoy running so much, butut he is being so supportive of me as I'm training for my marathon. Yesterday, Jeremy and Katie met me about 2 hours and 15 minutes into my run to refill my water bottles and to bring me a snack so I could keep my energy level up. I passed off my empty water bottles to them and they filled them up and drove ahead of me to hand them off to me so I didn't have to stop running. After they had made sure I was watered up and powered up with my dried fruit I noticed that they were standing on the side of the road up ahead of me holding a sign that said, "Go Mommy Go" and cheering for me. For anyone who runs long distances you know that towards the end of the run having people cheer you on is so important. It helps you make it through those last few difficult miles. So, thanks to them I was able to make it through without stopping. 20 miles.....3 hours 18 minutes. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You ARE totally nuts, but I love ya and think you are the most determined woman I've ever met! Wish I was more like you!!!

Angela said...

I just did 30 min on the elliptical and thought I was awesome. T-H-A-N-K-S.