Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tour de Cure

Today Jeremy and I did something we've never done before together, we ran the Tour de Cure, which is a half marathon. Jeremy is not an avid runner like I am. In fact he really hates it. He finds it extremely boring and would much rather be doing anything other than running. He used to act like he enjoyed running with me. Of course he pretended to like running when we were in high school and had first started dating. I could get him to go on 4 or 5 mile runs with me all the time. However, after 12 years of marriage that is no longer the case. But one day he over heard me telling some people that I really didn't think he could run a half marathon. Being the man he is he spouted off that of course he could. So I told him to prove it.

Well, today he did. He ran the entire 13 miles without stopping, and I was very proud of him. I was especially proud of the fact that he didn't have to stop and find a tree to hide behind so he could go to the bathroom. I knew he could do it, and I really enjoyed having someone to run with me. I'm a little disappointed though that during his short training period that he didn't fall in love with running. I doubt he will ever run a marathon with me, and he probably won't run another race period. So I will continue to have to train for my next marathon by myself. But at least I got to run one race in my lifetime with my sweet husband. Thanks for making my day sweetie.

Here's a picture of him before the race. You can see he can barely contain his excitement. I think he's secretly hoping and praying that the urge to go to the bathroom doesn't hit in the middle of the race. I, on the other hand, was jacked up and ready to go.

I had to post a few pictures of Katie and Lacy in this blog as well. We're all decked out in our razorback gear today and we're getting ready to watch the Hogs play tonight. Even Lacy has joined in the Razorback spirit.
Yes, our dog does have a Razorback cheerleading uniform on. Isn't she precious? Katie and I love to dress Lacy up just to make Jeremy mad. He hates seeing dogs wearing clothes. Katie always laughs when we dress Lacy up. She says, "Mommy, daddy is going to look at Lacy and shake his head and say poor Lacy what have they done to you now? I'm so sorry that they are putting you through this." She's always right because that is exactly what he does.

And, last but not least, I couldn't help myself but I had to take a picture of our tickets to the Razorback game in Florida. We are leaving in a little over a week for a quick trip to Florida and are so excited. I know our chances of winning against Tebow and the Gators are slim but we still love our hogs.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Way to go, Jeremy!! You had a great trainer.