Saturday, June 20, 2009

Leaky Windows

For those of you who don't know I am terrified of heights. I hate them. I refuse to ride on ferris wheels because I cannot stand being stuck at the top of the ferris wheel while other passengers are being let off the ride. I love to hike in the mountains but will not get close to the edge and peer over the side of a cliff because I get dizzy, nervous, heart palpitations, sick to my stomach, feel like I'm going to puke, begin hyperventilating etc.... So there is no way in the world I would do what my husband did today.

We have been needing to recaulk our windows because some of them have been leaking due to the heavy rain we've been getting. We have a two story family room in our house that has a ton of windows in it. These are the ones that needed to be recaulked. See the picture below.

Jeremy had to get on a ladder 20-30 feet off the very unlevel ground in order to fix the windows. It's bad when your husband has to find a rock to stick under one of the legs of the ladder in order to try to get the ladder level. Did I mention that he really hates getting on this ladder?


I was outside keeping an eye on him while he was working. He was muttering things like, "This ladder is going to be the death of me"....."I'm about to crap my pants"....."Please make sure all the pictures you are taking are in black and white so no one can see the urine that is running down my leg right now"....."I hate doing this". Needless to say I was very entertained.
Notice the tongue sticking out of his mouth. He's extremely focused right here and trying to keep his balance 30 feet in the air.
And of course, he has to show off his manliness.

Lacy and Maggie
He's still out there right now working away and hasn't fallen off yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully he's got everything fixed so we won't have anymore leaky windows.

No comments: